How do I enter a BUCS Taekwondo Championships Series event?
To apply for the competition all eligible participants must follow these steps:
- Athletes, head-coaches, assistant coaches and trainee umpires must first register/ renew their membership pass on the BSTF website and record their BSTF ID code*.
- Competitors must obtain an Athlete Pass membership which matches their class level i.e., grade level for competition entry (A, B or C-class)
- Head-coaches must hold a Head-coach Pass type
- Assistant coaches (who are not current Athlete Pass holders) and trainee umpire quota entrants (who are not current Athlete Pass holders) must hold a General Pass type (and not an Affiliate Pass type)
- Coaches, assistant coaches and trainee umpire quota entrants must enter themselves via the BSTF registration form
- The number of qualified trainee umpires who register themselves on behalf of your team must meet the quota detailed in the entry information
- If a participant is entering an event in more than one role, for example as a competitor and an assistant coach, they must register on both BUCS Play (for their competition discipline(s) entry) and the BSTF registration form (for their assistant coach role entry)
- Competitors apply to the event on BUCS Play (instructions on how to do this can be found here) inputting their BSTF ID code where indicated during registration*
- Institution administrator approves BUCS Play entries
- BUCS approves/denies entry into competition and publishes confirmed entry list
*Your BSTF ID code can be found by logging in to manage your account (new accounts are typically reviewed and activated within 5 working days). Please apply for your annual membership as early as possible.
The number of qualified trainee umpires submitted must meet the quota detailed in the Entry Information.
By participating in this event, you agree to adhere to BUCS General Event Disclaimer.
To check whether you are eligible to compete in BUCS competitions, please visit REG 4 Individual Eligibility.
How do I complete pre-accreditation?
Prior to an event’s entry closing date you must have completed the following Pre-accreditation steps (you will only need to complete these steps for your first event entry, since no further action is required except when you need to replace a form of ID that has expired/ update records):
- Log in to the Manage Your Account page and upload a passport style profile picture in the Profile Tab (required for all participants, including: Student-athletes, Umpires, Trainee Umpires, Head coaches and assistant coaches)
- Log in to the Manage Your Account page and upload valid photo ID in the CompetitionPreAccreditation Tab (required for all participants, including: Student-athletes, Umpires, Trainee Umpires, Head coaches and assistant coaches)
- Log in to the Manage Your Account page and upload a copy of your student ID card in the CompetitionPreAccreditation Tab (required for Student-athlete competitors only)
- Log in to the Manage Your Account page and update your referee/ judge certification in the UmpireExternalCertifications Tab (required for Umpires L2+ with external certification only)
When student-athletes register for competitions via the BUCS Play website, do they need to pay for their entries individually?
No, entry payments are made collectively by each team/ institution, unless otherwise indicated. Once the institution administrator has approved your team members’ entries and the confirmed entry list has been published by BUCS an invoice will be issued by BUCS to your union/ sports department for payment. Individual student-athletes will not be asked to pay for their entries during the BUCS Play event registration process.
Do I need a General Pass or a Student-athlete Pass to take part in BUCS Championships?
All BUCS Championships competitors must have a Student-athlete Pass and this must be of the correct grade class; either a Student-athlete: (Class-C), (Class-B) or (Class-A) Pass to enter the C, B or A class divisions respectively. Student-athletes you must update your account level as soon as you grade to a higher class division. Your entry grade (i.e., class division) is determined by your membership pass level at the time of entry and cannot be amended in any other way. Please login and upgrade your pass (C->B or B->A), using the “upgrade” button on the Account tab, completing this before submitting your next event entry.
Trainee umpires and assistant coaches require a (paid) General Pass or (paid) Student-athlete Pass.
When should I create my BSTF account (or for existing account holders update your pass type)?
As soon as possible. All student-athletes, coaches and volunteers must complete a Pass Registration to receive their unique BSTF ID code. Your ID code is required for all student taekwondo event entries, including BUCS Taekwondo Championships entry.
How long do membership passes last?
Passes are valid for the whole academic year in which they are registered, from the 1st of October to the following 30th of September, inclusive.
Where may I find my BSTF ID code?
Simply log-in and select the Account tab. Pass registrations must be approved by an BSTF administrator before an ID code is generated and so will take some time to populate (typically 5 working days) after registering your details. Captains, please ensure that all of your student-athletes, coaches and volunteers are registered well in advance of an event entry to ensure their ID codes are available.
If I register for a (free) Affiliate Pass can I upgrade it to a (paid) Student-athlete Pass later?
Yes, simply log-in to the Manage Your Account page and you may upgrade anytime; go to the Account Tab then scroll down to the “Renew, Upgrade or Update Billing” button.
I am an Institution Administrator or Club Committee member – is it possible to review a list of my team’s ID codes to refer to when making BUCS Play entries?
Yes, Institution Administrators and Club Committee members only can review their team’s registered members and ID codes anytime, simply log-in to your account and select the Team tab. Only special Club Committee accounts and activated Institution Administrator accounts have access to the registered team members list. Please contact us if you wish to to request authorisation for an existing account.
How do I enter training camps, umpire courses and other (non-competition) events?
Via BSTF Event Entry Portal, including online tournaments, individual training camps, S&C courses, corner judges courses, and other individual events. To enter an event simply complete your individual/ team registration before the event’s entry deadline via the online Event Entry Portal. If the event appears on the website’s main calendar but is not yet listed the event registration portal then registration is not yet open for that event – please check back later 🙂
I am an Institution Administrator or Club Captain, may I upgrade multiple (free) Affiliate Passes to (paid) Student-athlete Passes all at once for my team members (bulk Student-athlete Pass purchase)?
Yes, registered Institution Administrators and Club Captains can upgrade all of their team members’ accounts from (free) Affiliate Pass accounts to (paid) General Pass and (paid) Student-athlete Pass accounts in a few clicks. Go to the the Institution Administrator Portal or Club Committee Portal respectively and input the BSTF ID codes of the accounts you wish to upgrade (each student-athlete must have an existing (free) Affiliate Pass in order to upgrade).
If I register for a Student-athlete C-class pass may I upgrade it to an Student-athlete B-class Pass later in the year?
Yes, simply log-in to the Manage Your Account page and you may upgrade anytime; go to the Account Tab then scroll down to the “Renew, Upgrade or Update Billing” button. Student-athletes you must update your account level as soon as you grade to a higher class division. Your entry grade (i.e., class division) is determined by your membership pass level at the time of entry and cannot be amended in any other way. Please login and upgrade your pass (C->B or B->A), using the “upgrade” button on the Account tab, completing this before submitting your next event entry.
I am an Umpire (a national and international L2 / L1 umpires (referees &/or pattern judge), what type of account should I create?
Please go to the Register Your Account page and select Master Pass (Umpire). Once your account has been approved by a BSTF admin (typically 5 working days) please visit the Umpire’s Portal to review the event registration page and other tools available to you.
I am an Institution Administrator managing BUCS entries or EUSA entries, what type of account should I create?
Please go to the Register Your Account page and select Staff Pass (University Staff). Once your account has been approved by a BSTF admin (typically within 5 working days) please visit the Institution Administrator Portal to review the team members tab and other tools available to you.
I am a my institution’s head-coach, what type of account should I create?
Please go to the Register Your Account page and select Staff Pass (Contracted head-coach).
May I edit my own account details once I have registered without having to send emails via my team captain or university staff?
Yes, simply log-in to your account and edit your details directly.
How may I end my membership, close my account, and have my personal data, results, rankings and certificates expunged?
See the close account guide.
Find this menu by logging in to Manage Your Account.
How may I stop receiving occasional BSTF newsletters via MailChimp?
Simply click “Unsubscribe” at the bottom of a newsletter email. Please note newsletters and account holder emails operate on separate systems – you can close your membership account and still receive newsletters, or unsubscribe from newsletters while keeping a membership account open, which itself receives standard account holder emails. To receive no communications from us at all you must unsubscribe from the newsletter as above, and also end your membership and close your account via the membership management “Delete” tab.
What are BSTF’s membership terms and conditions?
Please see the legal notices page.
What are BSTF’s transgender athlete policies?
Please see the legal notices page.
I have a different question!
Please contact us and we’ll be happy to help 🙂