Support available to university clubs and individual members
The BSTF aims to support university Taekwondo clubs to excel in all aspects of Taekwondo and running a successful university sports club. This extends far beyond winning medals, and includes:
- Events for all university students to learn and develop their taekwondo skills
- Officials course for students and alumni to develop their umpiring skills
- Volunteering opportunities
- Recognising outstanding club committees’ achievements through the Dr. Un-Yong Kim Club of the Year Award
- Resources and support for students looking to start new university clubs
- Our online calendar of events, keeping clubs up to date on student taekwondo events
- Our online shop, offering equipment at wholesale prices exclusively to university club members
- Team administration of EUSA European Championships and Games
- Our AGM, where all clubs can get together to discuss student Taekwondo events and new opportunities for clubs
- Certain types of financial support for clubs relating to specific grant funded programmes
- Our social media channels, keeping you in touch with the wider student taekwondo community
- Support is available to club captains and committee members, and individual athletes, volunteers and university staff with queries about university taekwondo
- Support is available if you have a query about BSTF events, services or our online systems
- Impartial advice about a university taekwondo training, coaching, competition, education or club issue – if we cannot help you directly we aim direct you to the best person in your university/ Student Union, BUCS, a 3rd party taekwondo organisation and so on, as appropriate.
- Your communications with BSTF are confidential and we will not share your queries with anyone else without your permission (except where the health and safety of an individual might be at stake)
Use our online contact form to get in touch. Our email accounts are not monitored daily and if your query is urgent please reach out to your club development officer/ student union officer for your club for advice.
Running a Varsity Tournament
A few brave clubs take on the task of hosting and organising their own intervarsity mini-tournament. This can be a rewarding experience for the club organising committee but is a big undertaking, with legal responsibilities for the heath and safety of participants, and the event may include financial risks to your club.
The BSTF are here to help and are able to provide event insurance, equipment and advice to help make your event a success, including:
- An online meeting to discuss the benefits of running a varsity event as well as safety management, financial risks and liability issues when hosting even a small competition with members from another club
- Bespoke tournament insurance – essential cover for your event can be provided under the BSTF’s policy by agreement only, contact us to learn more
- Hire of thousands pound worth of tournament equipment including electronic score systems, TVs, laptops, draw software, banners and more
- Help with sourcing experienced officials
- Use of our online entry management system and online card payment portal functionality
If your club committee is interested in hosting a university open tournament please contact us today.