Roles currently available
Digital Communications and Data Insight Officer Internship (4 days /week)
British Student Taekwondo Federation
Application deadlines for June – August 2019 placements will be announced in due course.
Sport has the power to transform lives, laying the foundation for active lifestyles, empowering, educating and building confidence.
This summer we are offering a brand new Digital Communications and Data Insight Officer Internship opportunity to a current student, recent graduate or other successful candidate. Our intern will develop a wide variety of skills that will bolster their CV, whilst making a real contribution to our charity’s mission to increase the participation of sport within universities and colleges.
With our 3 days per week posts you can still hold another part-time job while you are working with us.
Benefits and Responsibilities
- Gain experience: working in professional environment in small teams and independently on projects; working for small charities; working within a standard operating procedure framework and in the charity sector; working in the university sport sector
- Gain experience: utilising cloud based project management systems; prioritising parallel projects; using an agile and scrum project management methods, and participating in daily scrums and weekly reviews
- Varied work, with responsibility for project elements including:
- Research, creation and delivery of presentations on a variety of topics to different audiences, including supervisors and charity trustees
- Survey creation and data analysis
- Marketing newsletter systems administration
- Social media channel administration
- Website administration
- Copy proofreading
- Online research and data collection
- Online and telephone communications with recipients, sponsors and stakeholders
- 09:30am – 5:30pm working hours
- The position is voluntary, with ten stipends paid in installments and a further completion bonus subject to satisfactory performance. No additional expenses are available and so this post is most suitable to candidates based in Nottinghamshire, Leicestershire and Derbyshire
- Commitment to the British Student Taekwondo Federation’s mission and values
- A keen interest in university sport
- Excellent critical thinking skills
- Excellent organisational skills
- The ability to work both independently and as part of small teams
- Excellent telephone manner and written English skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office products including Word and Powerpoint, and familiarity or eagerness to develop skills with media editing software
- A high degree of proficiency using Microsoft Excel
- Experience in or commitment to a career in the charity sector or sport management sector
- Expertise in the collection, analysis and reporting of data, particularly survey based research skills
- Expertise in management of customer facing newsletters, content creation and marketing AB testing
- Expertise using the WordPress website content management system
How to apply
Please send your CV no longer than 2 pages in length and a covering letter of no more than 250 words to firstname.lastname@example.org
Applicants may then be asked to complete an example of work exercise and participate in a telephone interview at a agreed scheduled time during the week of June 11th. The example of work exercise will take exactly one hour and requires the candidate have use of a PC/laptop with an internet connection and Microsoft Word and Excel software installed. Further details will be shared with successful candidates following this stage.
The British Student Taekwondo Federation want to make sure all the personal information we collect about you is safe and secure, whether we collect it through our website www.bstf.org.uk or from other sources. To learn more about our data protection policy and your rights please visit https://bstf.org.uk/info/legal-data-protection-tcs/