Charity Operations Internships (2-4 days /week roles available)
British Student Taekwondo Federation
We are a registered charity promoting the martial art and sport of taekwondo throughout UK universities, est. 1986. We deliver training & education courses, student-athlete grant funding, tournaments in all disciplines of taekwondo, and provide representation and support services to all university clubs.
Sport has the power to transform lives, laying the foundation for active lifestyles, empowering, educating and building confidence.
Each summer we offer a Charity Operations Internship opportunity to a current student, recent graduate or other successful candidate. Successful candidates will develop a wide variety of skills that will bolster their CV, whilst making a real contribution to our charity’s mission to increase the participation of sport within universities and colleges.
Role and Responsibilities
- Gain wider experience: working in professional environment in small teams and independently on projects; working for small charities; working within a standard operating procedure framework and in the charity sector; working in the university sport sector
- Gain technical experience: utilising cloud-based project management systems; prioritising parallel projects; using an agile and scrum project management methods, and participating in daily scrums and weekly reviews
- Varied work, with responsibility for project elements including:
- Research, creation and delivery of presentations on a variety of topics to different audiences, including supervisors and charity trustees
- Survey creation and data analysis
- Marketing newsletter systems administration
- Social media channel administration
- Website administration
- Copy proofreading
- Online research and data collection
- Online and telephone communications with recipients, sponsors and stakeholders
Location and Working Hours
Hybrid working: primarily remote working (online) and occasionally in person (Nottingham). This post is open to all UK residents, but because limited travel and other expenses are available this post may be most suitable for candidates based in the East Midlands.
10am – 5:00pm working hours.
How to apply
Please send your CV, no longer than 2 pages in length plus a separate covering letter, of no more than 400 words, explaining why you would be perfect for this role. Send to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Applicants may then be asked to complete an example of work exercise and participate in a telephone interview at a scheduled time. The example of work exercise will take exactly one hour and requires the candidate have use of a PC/ laptop with an internet connection. Further details will be shared with successful candidates following this stage.
- Commitment to the British Student Taekwondo Federation’s charitable mission and values
- Enthusiasm for university sport
- Exemplary professionalism in all aspects of your work
- High intrinsic motivation
- High critical thinking skills
- High organisational skills
- High interpersonal skills
- High proficiency in data processing and presentation
- Experience in, or a commitment to, a career in the charity sector or sport management sector
- Experience in the collection, analysis and reporting of data; particularly survey based research skills
- Experience in management of customer facing newsletters, content creation and marketing AB testing
- Experience in website development and coding (including HTML and CSS)
This position is voluntary. Candidates must have access to their own laptop and internet connection for remote working. This post is open to all UK residents, but because limited travel and other expenses are available this post may be most suitable for candidates based in the East Midlands.