Club Presidents’ Information:
- We must receive the completed participant entry form (forms can be found on the event specific pages in the Tournaments section, or via the event calendar) from your Athletic Union/Sports Department, who will confirm all athletes meet BUCS eligibility criteria, returning the completed forms to email@example.com
- All entry forms must be sent to us by your Union/University Sport Department and that department must validate the student status & BUCS eligibility of all participants. Please speak your department’s representatives to confirm how much notice they require after you send them your player list for validation and entry. We will not accept any entries that have not been validated by your AU/university sports department.
- Your union/university sports department should provide us a: named contact; named contact’s role; email address; phone number; organisation name; organisation address.
- An invoice will then be issued to your union/university sports department with payment details.
- All fees are automatically calculated for you by the Entry Form.
- Arrange payment in full to reach the BSTF by the date indicated on the entry form (by cheque or BACS payment). We highly recommend you send your Entry Form to your union/university sport department staff well in advance of the deadline so that an invoice can be generated, sent, and payment received by the deadline.
- Annual Athlete Passes (AAPs), are available which provide a full 50% discount on all discipline/event entries. Passes can be purchased at the time of entry to any tournament and is applied immediately. Entry fee for any single discipline entry (patterns or sparring) for Annual Athlete Pass holders of £12.50 (£17.50 Nationals) see our AAP page for further details.
- Teams will not be registered until all entry fees are received into the BSTF account.
- Entry amendments aare possible free of charge up to the entry deadline; we highly recommend getting your entries in as early as possible to allow time for potential amendments. Athlete withdrawals prior to the entry deadline will also be refunded. Changes to weight category, grade, sex or any other errors or omissions on the entry form after this deadline will be charged at the same rate as a category change fee at registration period (£20 pp).
- In rare cases where an athlete pays for a weight division change, but due to other weight change requests their original division of entry is merged with their new division, that athlete will be refunded their change of category fee. In rare cases where there is only a single athlete within adjoining divisions and no matches can be made, that athlete will be withdrawn and refunded their entry fee.
- Teams are required to provide experienced volunteer corner judge (sparring) or desk assistants (patterns) to assist during that event. The number of volunteers required is a function of your total team entries in those disciplines and is calculated for you automatically by the Entry Form. Corner judges and assistants cannot be competitors in that discipline, but may be competitors in other disciplines. Volunteer corner judges must have the necessary experience to fulfil their role. Volunteers must attend the relevant briefing session(s) and be available for the full duration the competition. The BSTF will provide refreshments and lunch for all officials and volunteers.
- Volunteers must wear sports shoes and smart black trousers. An official’s t-shirt will be provided for you borrow.
- Full details for all players, required corner judge/volunteers, and nominated sparring coaches (including player-coaches) must be added to the Entry Form. Only nominated individuals will receive passes allowing them to enter the competition area. From 1st January 2018 all corner judges and coaches must have passed the online corner judge’s exam and coach’s exam respectively in advance of their entry, please plan ahead accordingly.
Applications are now open for centre referee and patterns judge officials supporting the 2017-18 university Taekwondo tournament series – please click on this link and complete the online registration form. All corner judges / class 3 / volunteers / technical assistants please do not use this form and apply for these roles via your team’s Entry Form.
An invoice with payment details will be issued once we have received your team’s Entry Form from your union/university sports department. Payment must be cleared into the BSTF account in advance to the competition date, so please ensure you submit your entries early enough based on your university’s payment cycle.