- Club captains/presidents please take care to read all competition information provided.
- All entry forms must be sent to us by your Athletic Union/Sport Department to email@example.com and they must validate the BUCS eligibility status of all student athletes. Please speak to your department’s representatives to confirm how much notice they require after you send them your player list for validation and entry. We cannot accept any entries that have not been sent to us by your AU/ sport department.
- Your union/university sports department should provide us a: named contact; named contact’s role; email address; phone number; organisation name; organisation address. An invoice will then be issued to your union/university sports department with payment details.
- Arrange payment in full to reach the BSTF by the deadline indicated within each event’s entry form. We highly recommend you send your Entry Form to your union/university sport department staff well in advance of the deadline so that an invoice can be generated, sent, and payment received by the deadline.
- Entry forms for each event can be downloaded via the event calendar on this website, the respective event information pages, or via the respective Facebook events.
- Competitors for BSTF events must, unless otherwise stipulated, meet full BUCS eligibility criteria, including that they be current full time students internally registered at an institution of higher or further education, on courses equivalent to at least 60 credits per year (e.g., MSc, Degree or HND). Participants must be 18 or over. A current valid student ID card must be presented at registration. Competitors unable to produce valid ID will be disqualified.
- BSTF events are independently insured and there are no requirements for additional 3rd party insurance/licences in order to enter. All participants must read, agree to and sign the eligibility, liability and code of conduct declaration form at registration to join and participate.
- Annual Athlete Passes (AAPs), are available which provide a full 50% discount on all discipline/event entries. Passes can be purchased at the time of entry to any tournament and is applied immediately. Entry fee for any single discipline entry (patterns or sparring) for Annual Athlete Pass holders of £12.50 (£17.50 Nationals); further details are available on the AAP page.
- 10th Kup students may enter C-class patterns, but are not eligible to enter sparring disciplines.
- Please ensure all information is entered correctly, as all changes to player details by email (sex, grade, weight, or other) will be charged at the same rate as a weight change at registration.
- Teams will be weighed-in in the order they arrive only and that your team must arrive together during the advertised registration period.
- Ensure your team arrives together and have their picture student ID cards ready for inspection.
- There will be a maximum -/+200 g allowance for players being under/over their weight division at the weigh-in which will be strictly applied. Sparring competitors who fail to meet their weight may change weight divisions at the cost of a £20 fee at registration..
- Teams are required to provide experienced volunteer corner judge (sparring) or desk assistants (patterns) to assist during events. The number of volunteers required is a function of your total team entries in those disciplines and is calculated for you automatically by the Entry Form. Corner judges and assistants cannot be competitors in discipline they are judging, but may be competitors in other disciplines. Volunteer corner judges must have the necessary experience to fulfil their role, must attend the relevant briefing session(s) and must be available for the full duration the competition. The BSTF will provide refreshments and lunch for all officials and volunteers.
- Corner judges will not be required, or be permitted, to undertake centre refereeing duties. Corner judges will work under the supervision of the centre referees provided by the organising committee.
- Please ensure you familiarise yourself with all the regulations and information within this application pack, especially: player eligibility, code of conduct and player’s declaration’s, information for nominated corner judges, weight and belt categories in each discipline, and the competition rules and mandatory safety equipment.